We aim to maximise local development by empowering communities, and to act with the highest ethical standards when managing the wellbeing and prosperity of host communities.
The overall objective of our socio-economic development program is to improve the opportunities, benefits, and quality of life for our local employees, their families and immediate communities.
Euromax is already contributing to the socio-economic development of the communities through direct investments in the communities, which will be further intensified in the future with the development of the project.
Some of our projects are listed below.
Ilovica & Shtuka water wells – construction of two new water wells situated in Ilovica and Shtuka villages, these wells are used for providing drinking water to the surrounding community.
Baba Vanga Fountain in Novo Selo – this was one of our key projects in 2013 as the fountain is a long-term, sustainable benefit to the region that preserves cultural heritage for many generations, today, the well is a meeting point, memorial and a focal point for pilgrimage and we hope that this fountain will continue to attract visitors in the future.
New village square in Ilovica – The development of the new sports hall at the Primary School “St Cyril and Methodius” in Ilovica was a collaboration between the Ministry of Education, the Agriculture and Rural development agency and the Municipality of Bosilovo who were responsible for new grass, pavements and parking spaces. Euromax supported the municipality in making the project a reality by working with a local construction company to construct paved access paths and landscaping of the grassed areas of the area in front of the school and the sports hall.
Donations to the Primary School “Sando Masev” in Strumica – by providing equipment, furniture, and materials intended for use by the Center for Support in Learning of students with disabilities involved in inclusive education in the municipality of Strumica.
Sponsorship for reconstruction of the Cultural Centre in the village of Bosilovo.
Water supply network in Municipality of Novo Selo – building of a new water pipeline that connects the existing water supply network with the new reservoir in the village of Mokrino.
Improvement of the irrigation system – rehabilitation of lateral overflow and intake of excess water from open irrigation channel in the municipality of Bosilovo.
Support the health system
Donation of the equipment that will provide condition for making analysis for covid testing in the Centre for Public Health in Strumica, necessary for early prevention and protection for more than 100 thousand residents of the Strumica region from the covid pandemic.
Donation of protective masks and suits to the Health Centre Strumica needed for the medical staff for successful fight against the pandemic.
Donation of 25 new beds with mechanism, equipped with 25 sets of oxygen flow meters in the Hospital in Strumica.
Support the agriculture
Through NGO Rural Centre Ograzden were supported women who are actively involved in agriculture and livestock in the Strumica region. As part of this project 68 families were supported by providing various mechanization to improve the quality of agricultural and livestock production.
Support the young entrepreneurs
Supporting young entrepreneurs from the municipalities of Novo Selo and Bosilovo, by providing grants for their entrepreneurial / business activities in order to use resources more efficiently, create new jobs and other economic benefits that will have a wider general interest for both municipalities.
Support of following local cultural events/organisations
- Association “Rusalii” Sekirnik
- Cultural and Art Association “Kavaldjii-Shtuka”
- Cultural and Art Association “Sv Kiril i Metodij” Ilovica
Supporting the local sport activities by sponsoring local football tournaments and local football teams
Ongoing longer-term projects:
- Water reticulation network reconstruction – The planning and development of a supply of water for the mine provided us with information about the potential to improve the reliability and quality of drinking water to the local communities of Ilovica and Shtuka. Euromax started a project to provide support to the Bosilovo municipality in designing and reconstruction of the reticulation system with aim to complete the reconstruction of the entire network in the villages of Ilovica and Shtuka. The project is to replace the water supply distribution network in Ilovica and Shtuka and abandon the existing water supply intakes in cooperation with Bosilovo municipality. Residents of both villages will be permanently connected to the treated water supply system for household (drinking) water. The existing irrigation supply pipe network owned and operated by Strumichko Pole Water Management Company will also be extended to supply those in Ilovica and Shtuka who have need for irrigation water from the Ilovica Reservoir. In future, sewage collection and treatment will also need to be considered to avoid harmful effects on the environment, including groundwater, streams and river.
- Sapling Nursery – Native species will be required for progressive rehabilitation of land in the future. This was discussed with the Belasica Forestry Management Company which has a nursery for growing native species. The collaboration with them has been already established through the Euromax’s financial support for purchasing supplies for refurbishment of their nursery.