Euromax Resources Ltd. - 28th August 2015 (TSX-V: EOX, OTCPK: EOXFF): ("Euromax" or the "Company"), is pleased to announce that it has appointed Alan Baker as Vice President, Project & Construction Manager for its Ilovica Project in Macedonia.
Alan brings over 35 years of experience in the mining sector and has a proven track record in successful project management and construction. He will take responsibility for developing and leading the on-site owner's team ready for the construction of the Ilovica project. He previously acted as Project Manager on the Santa Rosa gold deposit in Colombia for Red Eagle Mining where he took responsibility for the project feasibility study and final permitting and on through to project financing. Alan has previously been responsible for:
- Project management of the Certej project in Romania for European Goldfields Ltd and subsequently Eldorado Gold Corp where he helped advanced the project through feasibility, basic engineering and financing;
- The Construction of a heap leach operation including process plant, mine and associated infrastructure of the Copler mine in Eastern Turkey for Anatolia Minerals;
- Managing the design and construction of the Varvarinskoye gold-copper open pit mine, process plant and associated infrastructure in Kazakhstan for European Minerals;
- Overseeing the refurbishment of Bondaye CIL plant at the Bogoso mine in Ghana for Golden Star Resources.
- Project coordination and construction with an annual budget of up to US$100 million at Ashanti Goldfields.
- In his early career Alan worked in the UK, South Africa and Zambia on a variety of mining projects.
As part of his compensation package Alan has been awarded 400,000 five year options at a strike price of CAD 0.49 which will vest equally over a three year period under the terms of the Company's existing Long Term Incentive Plan.
Commenting on this appointment, Steve Sharpe, President & CEO noted:
"Alan is very well known to us from our European Goldfields days and his expertise in project development is, in our opinion, unrivalled. By bringing Alan on board several months ahead of the publication of the Ilovica Definitive Feasibility Study, it will allow him and his team to undertake the necessary groundwork so as to prepare us to seamlessly transition from DFS/FEED straight into construction, which is anticipated to commence in the fourth quarter of 2016."
About Euromax Resources Ltd.
Euromax has a major development project in Macedonia and an exploration services company in Bulgaria. We are focused on building and operating the Ilovica copper/gold project in Macedonia, as well profitably deploying the wealth of exploration experience within our Bulgarian Exploration Services subsidiary.
For further information, please visit www.euromaxresources.com or contact:
Steve Sharpe, President & CEO +44 (0) 20 3667 2970 email@example.com
Varshan Gokool, CFO +44 (0) 20 3667 2970 firstname.lastname@example.org
Borche Ilioski, AVP Corporate Development & Investor Relations +389 (0) 23 220 998 email@example.com
Martina Kostovska, Investor Relations Associate +389 (0) 23 220 998 firstname.lastname@example.org